Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and Spaghetti Squash–this spaghetti sauce is so delicious you’ll be licking your plate. The funny part is that it only takes a handful of easy ingredients. Bonus–if you want to cook a spaghetti squash at the same time as the sauce you can!
Get the Instant Pot version of the recipe here
Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and Spaghetti Squash
I can’t get over how delicious this spaghetti sauce is! We’ve had it two times in the past week. The first time I served it over spaghetti squash and the second time over regular spaghetti noodles. A friend gave me this recipe and said it was like “pure comfort food.” I was skeptical that it would be that wonderful since it had just 4 basic ingredients. But she was right, it was super tasty.
Try out this marinara sauce the next time you make spaghetti instead of the jarred stuff from the store. I bet you’ll really love it!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and Spaghetti Squash I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
This spaghetti sauce is so delicious you’ll be licking your plate. The funny part is that it only takes a handful of easy ingredients. Bonus–if you want to cook a spaghetti squash at the same time as the sauce you can!
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Optional: 1 spaghetti squash
- Add tomatoes, butter, onion powder, garlic powder and salt to the slow cooker.
- If using a spaghetti squash, cut the spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Scoop out the seeds and gunk with a spoon. Place the spaghetti squash halves in the slow cooker on its side.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours (depending on your slow cooker and how hot it cooks).
- When the squash reaches your preferred texture remove it with tongs from the slow cooker. Use a fork to shred the flesh into long spaghetti-like strands.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the spaghetti sauce to desired consistency.
- Serve sauce over squash or spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just sauce)
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 2 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and Spaghetti Squash? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.