This spaghetti sauce is so delicious you’ll be licking your plate. The funny part is that it only takes a handful of easy ingredients. Bonus–if you want to cook a spaghetti squash at the same time as the sauce you can!
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Optional: 1 spaghetti squash
- Add tomatoes, butter, onion powder, garlic powder and salt to the slow cooker.
- If using a spaghetti squash, cut the spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Scoop out the seeds and gunk with a spoon. Place the spaghetti squash halves in the slow cooker on its side.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours (depending on your slow cooker and how hot it cooks).
- When the squash reaches your preferred texture remove it with tongs from the slow cooker. Use a fork to shred the flesh into long spaghetti-like strands.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the spaghetti sauce to desired consistency.
- Serve sauce over squash or spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just sauce)
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 2 g