Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce–this spaghetti sauce is so delicious you’ll be licking your plate. The funny part is that it only takes a handful of easy ingredients and a few minutes in your pressure cooker. Bonus–if you want to cook a spaghetti squash at the same time as the sauce you can!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
I can’t get over how delicious this spaghetti sauce is! We’ve had it two times in the past week. The first time I served it over spaghetti squash and the second time over regular spaghetti noodles. A friend gave me this recipe and said it was like “pure comfort food.” I was skeptical that it would be that wonderful since it had just 4 basic ingredients. But she was right, it was super tasty.
The first time I cooked the spaghetti squash in the same pot and at the same time as the sauce. It worked perfectly. The only thing is that you’ll need to pick a smallish spaghetti squash or it won’t fit in the pot. The second time I cooked spaghetti at the same time as the sauce using the pot in pot method. It worked fairly well but the noodles did stick a little. I still need to experiment with that one a bit!
Try out this marinara sauce the next time you make spaghetti instead of the jarred stuff from the store. I bet you’ll really love it!
More recipes you’ll love…
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash–the easiest and fastest way to cook spaghetti squash
Instant Pot Zucchini Linguine-a fresh summer dish, I’ve been making this dish for so many years!
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
This spaghetti sauce is so delicious you’ll be licking your plate. The funny part is that it only takes a handful of easy ingredients and a few minutes in your pressure cooker. Bonus–if you want to cook a spaghetti squash at the same time as the sauce you can!
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Optional: 1 small spaghetti squash
- Add tomatoes, butter, onion powder, garlic powder and salt to Instant Pot.
- Optional: If making a spaghetti squash, use a paring knife to cut your spaghetti squash in half crosswise (not lengthwise). Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds and gunk. Place a trivet inside the pot and then arrange the 2 squash halves to fit in the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. Once the time has counted down and the pot beeps you can perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Use tongs to remove the squash to a cutting board. Once it has cooled, use a fork to shred the flesh of the squash into long spaghetti-like strands. Use a immersion blender to blend the sauce to desired consistency. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve the sauce over spaghetti or spaghetti squash and top with generous amounts of parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE!
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just sauce)
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 2 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.