This spaghetti sauce is so delicious you’ll be licking your plate. The funny part is that it only takes a handful of easy ingredients and a few minutes in your pressure cooker. Bonus–if you want to cook a spaghetti squash at the same time as the sauce you can!
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Optional: 1 small spaghetti squash
- Add tomatoes, butter, onion powder, garlic powder and salt to Instant Pot.
- Optional: If making a spaghetti squash, use a paring knife to cut your spaghetti squash in half crosswise (not lengthwise). Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds and gunk. Place a trivet inside the pot and then arrange the 2 squash halves to fit in the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. Once the time has counted down and the pot beeps you can perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Use tongs to remove the squash to a cutting board. Once it has cooled, use a fork to shred the flesh of the squash into long spaghetti-like strands. Use a immersion blender to blend the sauce to desired consistency. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve the sauce over spaghetti or spaghetti squash and top with generous amounts of parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE!
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just sauce)
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 2 g