Clean me out soup is an Instant Pot or Crockpot recipe for a delicious and nutritious soup that makes you feel so good! Perfect to kick start your new years goals!
Clean Me Out Soup
This healthy soup has lots of delicious flavor thanks to the ginger, turmeric, lemon juice and broth. Greg and I both loved this soup so much and I can’t wait to eat it for lunches this coming week. It makes you feel so good and if it’s cold where you are it’ll warm you right up. The combination of ginger, garlic and turmeric makes an awesome combination of flavors.
It’s only got 145 calories per bowl of soup (and if you leave out the chicken it’s only 86 calories per bowl of soup). This is a great way to add more vegetables into your diet! I love green smoothies in the summer but in the winter I like to get my veggies in with healthy veggie-packed soups. After the last 6-7 weeks of overeating I need to get back on track with better eating and this soup is definitely going to help me with that goal!
If you’re trying to fight off a cold or other virus this soup has lots of immune-boosting ingredients! It tastes so good when you’re sick and is a perfect alternative to chicken noodle soup.
- Olive oil–or another type of oil like avocado oil
- Onion–fresh or frozen
- Chicken bone broth–or another type of broth you like
- Ginger–I like to grate mine when it is frozen with a small grater*. You don’t even need to peel it.
- Turmeric powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice–fresh is best
- Chopped, cooked chicken–optional. I used rotisserie chicken.
- Spinach–I used fresh but you can also use frozen spinach. You can also use kale.
Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and celery and saute for 4 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
Add in the carrots, ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chicken.
Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 10 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
Stir in the spinach. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Serve this alongside crackers or fresh bread. You can also add a scoop of brown rice or quinoa into each bowl.
- I added 2 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken into my soup to give it some protein. You can also add in a pound or lean ground turkey that has been browned. Another option is to add in a can of beans, like great northern beans.
- Try adding in other vegetables that you like! Some choices are cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, corn and mushrooms.
- This recipe is gluten-free (make sure broth is gluten-free) and dairy free.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Turmeric is such a fun spice with it’s bright cheery color and earthy-sweet taste. Other recipes you can make with turmeric are Instant Pot Pollo Loco Mexican Chicken, New Year’s Resolution Dish, Instant Pot Bombay Potatoes and Instant Pot Brown Rice Pilaf With Chicken Sausage.
- Recipe adapted from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen.
Pin this recipe for later!
More Healthy Instant Pot Soups…
Instant Pot Dolly Parton Diet Soup
An easy soup packed with vegetables and only 78 calories per serving!
Instant Pot Diet Soup
Low in calories and high in flavor! This soup is super tasty and will fill you up. You can make it in the Instant Pot or the Crockpot.
Instant Pot Skinny Soup
Instant Pot Skinny Soup only has 150 calories per serving but has tons of flavor and a lot of bite. It’s not just broth! There’s tons of vegetables and some meat too. Perfect for lunch or dinner on a chilly day.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Clean me out soup is an Instant Pot or Crockpot recipe for a delicious and nutritious soup that makes you feel so good!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 5 ribs of celery, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 inch chunk of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cup chopped, cooked chicken (optional)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and celery and saute for 4 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the carrots, ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 10 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and celery and saute for 4 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, carrots, ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.