Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry: a thai-style coconut curry with moist bites of chicken, tender bites of yellow potatoes, vibrant turmeric and curry powder all made easily at home in your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry
When I made this slow cooker yellow chicken curry I was dancing around my kitchen because I was so happy. Why was I happy? Because it was soooo easy to make and it tasted as good as a restaurant! Hooray! I love the vibrant yellow color from the turmeric and the curry powder. I love the use of full fat coconut milk (yum yum). And I love that my kids ate it until it was gone and asked for more.
If you’re a fan of Thai food you should try this slow cooker yellow chicken curry! You’re going to be in awe of how easy it is to make such a delicious, comforting bowl of goodness at home.
Slow Cooker Curry Recipes
Here are some other curry recipes that you may want to check out:
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this recipe I used my beloved 6 quart oval KitchenAid slow cooker. I love this slow cooker because it cooks evenly and low. I also love this slow cooker because it has a neat timer with satisfying beeping buttons as well as a medium setting for those days where you start your slow cooker at an in-between time.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
A thai-style coconut curry with moist bites of chicken, tender bites of yellow potatoes, vibrant turmeric and curry powder all made easily at home in your slow cooker.
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced or 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 lb yellow potatoes (about 3–4 medium potatoes), cubed (I left the skins on)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lime, juiced–optional
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In your 4-6 quart slow cooker place the onions, potatoes and chicken.
- In a bowl, stir together the coconut milk, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry powder, coriander seed, salt and red pepper. Whisk until combined. Pour the mixture over the contents of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours (some slow cookers may take only 3 hours). Test potatoes for tenderness.
- Gently stir. Stir in the lime juice, if desired. Add in more turmeric and curry powder and salt to taste.
- Serve curry with cilantro over rice, if desired.