An easy, healthy and delicious soup with ground beef (or turkey) and vegetables. A perfect soup to make on a winter day. The leftovers are a great lunch the next day too!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 3 ribs of celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef (or turkey) and break it up*. Add in the onion. Add in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, parsley and oregano. Stir in the spices. Brown the beef. If there is any excess grease spoon it off or drain it with a colander. Add the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, potatoes, celery, carrots and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
See the Instant Pot version here.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American