Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Country Boil—A one pot meal with tender red potatoes, sweet corn, fresh green beans and smoked sausage. A perfect summer meal with tons of flavor.
Get the INSTANT POT version of this recipe here
Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Country Boil
I’ve been seeing all sorts of recipes for shrimp boil but unfortunately Greg is allergic to shrimp. Sad day for all of us in the Petersen household! I decided to make my own version with smoked sausage and other fun added ingredients. I was so please with how it turned out. Very flavorful and I love how it’s a complete one pot meal.
My Smith’s had a sale on smoked sausage so I stocked up. I used a garlic chicken sausage that was made by Hillshire Farm and it was so tasty. You can also use kielbasa or andouille sausage (or whatever you want).
Greg, Reagan, Reagan’s friend and I ate this up in no time! Skyler was sad when he came home and it was all gone. It was a hit. I loved drizzling the remaining juices over the top of my potatoes. It had so much flavor. So don’t forget to do that!
More One Pot Meals…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Country Boil I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
A one pot meal with tender red potatoes, sweet corn, fresh green beans and smoked sausage. A perfect summer meal with tons of flavor.
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ pounds petite red potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 (13 oz) package smoked sausage of your choice, sliced into half inch rounds
- ½ pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 3 ears of corn, husked and cut into thirds
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into 8 small pieces
- In a small bowl stir together the salt, celery seed, smoked paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley.
- Add water to the slow cooker. Add in the bay leaf. Toss in the potatoes, sausage, beans, corn and butter. Then add in the seasonings and toss to evenly spread them throughout.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Scoop into servings dishes and drizzle each dish with a tablespoon of the remaining juices.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: One Pot Meal
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.