Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Country Boil—A one pot meal with tender red potatoes, sweet corn, fresh green beans and smoked sausage. A perfect summer meal with tons of flavor.
Get the SLOW COOKER recipe here
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Country Boil (video)
I’ve been seeing all sorts of recipes for shrimp boil in the Instant Pot but unfortunately Greg is allergic to shrimp. I decided to make my own version with smoked sausage and other fun added ingredients. I was so pleased with how it turned out. Very flavorful and I love how it’s a one pot meal.
I decided to use a 1 minute pressure cook time for this recipe. I did this because I knew that green beans and corn don’t need much time. I used baby red potatoes and sliced them in half. I layered the ingredients so that the potatoes would cook on the bottom (closest to the heating element) and get done and then the corn and beans would not be overdone. I was so happy when I opened the pot and all the food was cooked (not overcooked or undercooked!) perfectly.
My Smith’s had a sale on smoked sausage so I stocked up. I used a garlic chicken sausage that was made by Hillshire Farm and it was so tasty. You can also use kielbasa or andouille sausage (or whatever you want).
Greg, Reagan, Reagan’s friend and I ate this up in no time! Skyler was sad when he came home and it was all gone. It was a hit. I loved drizzling the remaining juices over the top of my potatoes. It had so much flavor. So don’t forget to do that!
More One Pot Meals…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Country Boil I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A one pot meal with tender red potatoes, sweet corn, fresh green beans and smoked sausage. A perfect summer meal with tons of flavor.
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning (OR 1 tsp seasoned salt, 1/2 tsp celery seed, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 bay leaf)
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1 1/2 pounds petite red potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 (13 oz) package smoked sausage of your choice, sliced into half inch rounds
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 3 ears of corn, husked and cut into thirds
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into 8 small pieces
- Optional: 8 oz shrimp
- Pour water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add in the potatoes in an even layer. Sprinkle about half of the Old Bay/seasonings over the potatoes. Add in the sausage in an even layer. Add in the green beans in an even layer. Sprinkle the beans with half of the remaining seasonings. Add in the corn in an even layer. Sprinkle the corn with the rest of the seasonings. Add in the butter on top of the corn. If using shrimp add it on top.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. The pot will take a while to come to pressure. Once the minute of pressure cook time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Toss the contents of the pot with tongs. Scoop onto serving dishes. Drizzle a tablespoon of the drippings onto each serving.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
A comment from a user said, “I added some frozen shrimp to the top of the pot and everything cooked perfectly! “
- Category: One Pot Meal
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.