Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Cabbage—an easy all in one pot meal of smoked sausage, potatoes, onion and cabbage. Dump everything into the crock and walk away!
Related: Instant Pot Smoked Sausage and Cabbage recipe
Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Cabbage
I had a reader comment about a recipe they wanted to figure out how to make in the slow cooker. He said, “When you mentioned foil packets, it rang a bell. One of my favorites is small red potatoes halved, sliced onions, sliced sausage and cabbage, dotted with butter and salt and pepper, bake at 425 for 35 min wrapped in foil.”
I immediately knew I would like this dish. I figured I could make it in the slow cooker. The texture would be different than a foil packet meal baked in the oven but the flavors would still be great and the ease and quickness of the recipe would make it desirable to have often.
So I threw some broth into the bottom of the slow cooker and then piled in the rest of ingredients. This was a winner in my book! Next time I will add in some sliced carrots to give it a bit more color, and perhaps play around with the seasonings. I kept it super simple with just the smoked sausage and salt and pepper to season the whole dish. If you want to get a little spicy try a smoked Cajun andouille sausage.
Try these other slow cooker recipes too!
Want more tried and true recipes?
An easy all in one pot meal of smoked sausage, potatoes, onion and cabbage. Dump everything into the crock and walk away!
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 1 (12 oz) package of precooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pound (about 3 medium) yellow or red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut into 6 pieces
- Pour chicken broth into the slow cooker. Then add in the onion slices, smoked sausage, potatoes, cabbage and finally the butter. Toss a bit and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Scoop into serving bowls and enjoy! Salt and pepper to taste.
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.