Chicken tenders infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, frozen or fresh (or you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into the size of chicken tenders)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the chicken and oil into the slow cooker. Stir to coat the chicken in the oil. Then add in the chili powder, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and black pepper. Toss to coat the chicken in the seasonings. Stir in the salsa verde, honey and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours (every slow cooker cooks differently).
- Remove the lid and serve as is or if you want more flavor you can reduce the juices on the stove by boiling for about 10 minutes. Serve topped with fresh cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker