Hey! Did you know you can make slow cooker meatloaf? It’s true! You can make meatloaf in the crockpot. Why would you do that? Well, sometimes you just don’t want to turn your oven on (think summertime). Or maybe you just need to make food ahead of time instead of right at dinner time. Or maybe you need some cushion on when you actually eat dinner and turning the slow cooker on gives you that cushion because even if you’re a half hour late the food isn’t going to burn in the slow cooker like it would in the oven! There’s so many reasons to use your slow cooker.
I used ground turkey for this meatloaf, but you can use a lean ground beef if you prefer. I just mix the ground turkey with a few ingredients and shape it and put it into a bread pan. If you’re using a 6 quart oval slow cooker (the most common size) a bread pan should fit right in there. Then I turn the slow cooker on and forget it about it for several hours!
When I made this meatloaf I used a separate slow cooker to make baked potatoes. Making baked potatoes in the slow cooker is simple. Just wrap the potatoes in foil and put them in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low.
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
An easy recipe for slow cooker ground turkey meatloaf. A traditional dinner that everyone loves!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup diced onion or 2 Tbsp dried onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- BBQ sauce
- In a bowl combine the turkey, tomato sauce, oatmeal, onion, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well.
- Shape the mixture and place in a bread loaf pan.
- Place the pan inside your 6 quart oval slow cooker .
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for about 6 hours.
- Brush the top of the meatloaf with some bbq sauce and then place in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes. This step just makes it look a lot more appetizing and browns up the top a bit!
To make gluten free: Oats do not naturally contain gluten but are often cross contaminated in the fields they’re grown in. Be sure to use certified gluten-free quick oats. Bobs Red Mill is a common brand.
Want more slow cooker recipes that use ground turkey? Here are 16 recipes that use ground turkey in the slow cooker!