Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff—a creamy mushroom sauce with ground beef served over egg noodles. An easy recipe to make that uses common ingredients and it’s delicious to eat.
Get the INSTANT POT Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe here
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
When I was growing up the only way we ate stroganoff was with ground beef. I don’t think that I even knew there was another way to make it. I actually really love ground beef stroganoff. The creamy sauce and the mushrooms have me licking my plate. No really. I literally licked my plate last night.
This version is a little different because it has cream cheese as well as sour cream! YUM! Plus it has a little dried dill. And it doesn’t have any cream of mushroom soup in it. You can easily make it gluten free. Just serve it over rice instead of noodles (or use a gluten free pasta).
This slow cooker ground beef stroganoff goes well with a side salad or steamed broccoli. It’s the perfect season for lots of delicious fruits like watermelon, peaches, cherries and blueberries too. That’s how I like to roll on a summer evening.
More Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
A creamy mushroom sauce with ground beef served over egg noodles. An easy recipe to make that uses common ingredients and it’s delicious to eat.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Hot cooked eggs noodles
- Diced green onion, for topping
- Add ground beef to the slow cooker (you can add it in raw or browned). Break it up with a spoon. Add in the salt, onion, broth, pepper, dill, garlic powder and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the lid and break up the meat again with a spoon.
- Turn the slow cooker to high. In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and cold water together until smooth. Add it into the slow cooker. Then add in the sour cream and cream cheese. The sauce will thicken and the cream cheese will melt in just a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stroganoff over hot cooked eggs noodles and top with green onion.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.