Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff—a creamy mushroom sauce with ground beef served over egg noodles. An easy recipe to make that uses common ingredients and it’s delicious to eat.
Get the SLOW COOKER Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe here
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
When I was growing up the only way we ate stroganoff was with ground beef. I don’t think that I even knew there was another way to make it. I actually really love ground beef stroganoff. The creamy sauce and the mushrooms have me licking my plate. No really. I literally licked my plate last night.
This version is a little different because it has cream cheese as well as sour cream! YUM! Plus it has a little dried dill. And it doesn’t have any cream of mushroom soup in it. You can easily make it gluten free. Just serve it over rice instead of noodles (or use a gluten free pasta).
Just FYI I tried to make the egg noodles pot-in-pot at the same time as the stroganoff. They turned out just okay. Some of the noodles were a little mushy and some were crunchy. So I am not recommending cooking egg noodles using the pot-in-pot method. Egg noodles cook super fast on the stovetop so just boil them as the stroganoff is cooking. Easy peasy.
This Instant Pot ground beef stroganoff goes well with a side salad or steamed broccoli. It’s the perfect season for lots of delicious fruits like watermelon, peaches, cherries and blueberries too. That’s how I like to roll on a summer evening.
More Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A creamy mushroom sauce with ground beef served over egg noodles. An easy recipe to make that uses common ingredients and it’s delicious to eat.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Hot cooked eggs noodles
- Diced green onion, for topping
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up*. Add in the kosher salt and onion. Brown the beef and saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth. Then add in the pepper, dill, garlic powder and mushrooms.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and cold water together until smooth. Add it into the pot. Then add in the sour cream and cream cheese. The sauce will thicken and the cream cheese will melt in just a couple minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stroganoff over hot cooked eggs noodles and top with green onion.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.