Today I’m going to teach you the easiest way to peel peaches. All you need is water, your Instant Pot and peaches. This is a game changer if you’re making peach cobbler, peach crisp or peach pie.
Easiest Way to Peel Peaches
There are a few weeks out of the year where you can buy fresh, juicy, ripe peaches. To me, these are the best weeks out of the year! I love eating peaches any way possible. Some of my favorites are peach cobbler and peach crisp. I also like slicing up peaches and stirring yogurt into them. Or serving them with steel cut oats in the morning. Yum!
One thing I don’t like about peaches is when I have to peel them. I could never master using a knife to peel them. Now I have a super easy way that I will use every time! You steam them very quickly in the Instant Pot and then place them in an ice bath. The peels just slide off. It’s a game changer.
Eat a Peach Day
Today I’m celebrating Eat a Peach Day by giving you some amazing peach recipe ideas from my food blogger friends. I’m looking forward to trying many of these!!
Fried Peaches and Creme Anglaise from Ashlee Marie
Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats from Pretty Providence
Grilled Peach Lassi from Crumb
Southern Peach Pie from Savory Experiments
Peach Lemonade from Real Mom Kitchen
Mason Jar Peach and Raspberry Cobbler from Premeditated Leftovers
Peach muffins from My Mommy Style
Almond Peach Bread from An Italian in My Kitchen
Peach Coffee Cake from Simply Stacie
Brown sugar pavlova with caramelised peaches from Super Golden Bakes
Peach Buttermilk Cake from The Baker Upstairs
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To use my method of the Easiest Way to Peel Peaches I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
When you use your Instant Pot to quickly steam peaches it enables the peels to just slide off!
- 4–6 fresh peaches
- 1 cup water
- Ice bath–a big bowl of water with lots of ice cubes
Equipment I used:
- Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot. Place your steamer basket or trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place your peaches into the basket.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 0 (zero) minutes. The pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure and then it will beep. Once the pot beeps move the valve to venting to quickly release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place the peaches in the ice bath. Once the peaches are cool to the touch you can use your fingers to gently peel off the skins.
- Slice and use peaches for eating or in any of your favorite recipes.
- Category: Tips
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this article about the Easiest Way to Peel Peaches? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.