Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken–a creamy slow cooked chicken dinner with a garlic parmesan sauce and chopped spinach. We like to eat this chicken and sauce with fettuccine noodles or with mashed potatoes.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Sometimes I enlist my husband’s help on what I should make for dinner. Yesterday he said, “I’ll give you the recipe title and you create the recipe.” In my mind I was instantly transported to a food network game show. Challenge accepted. He said the name of the dish I must create is slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken. I knew that with garlic, parmesan cheese and chicken I would definitely be able to crush my imagined competition and win the game show. Well I don’t know if I won the game show but I did win dinner last night for my family. They all loved what I came up with! It reminds me a lot of chicken alfredo but I think it’s better. More flavorful and it has spinach. I would have added mushrooms but my husband had eaten the last of them for lunch in a concoction he made up with quinoa and buffalo sauce. Maybe he was in his own game show…
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
A creamy slow cooked chicken dinner with a garlic parmesan sauce and chopped spinach. We like to eat this chicken and sauce with fettuccine noodles or with mashed potatoes.
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless breasts sliced into 1/2 inch filets
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 oz coarsely chopped spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add butter, onion, garlic, broth, garlic powder, pepper and salt to the slow cooker. Stir. Nestle the mushrooms (if using) and the chicken into the crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours (this is the time for a 6 quart slow cooker and thawed chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch fillets).
- Remove the lid. In a small bowl whisk together the evaporated milk and flour until it is smooth. Stir it into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and cover for another 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a platter. Loosely cover with foil. Stir the parmesan cheese and spinach into the slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3-5 hours on low
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Sodium: 292 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 31 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for slow cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.