Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken–tender bites of chicken enveloped in a creamy parmesan and lemon sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce with pasta, rice or even zoodles.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
I love me some lemon. Lemon chicken scallopini was always a favorite recipe that my mom made when I was growing up. Lemon cream pie is one of my favorite pies. And lemon bars are always a favorite of mine. I love how the sour lemon juice just cuts through all the other flavors and gives such a punch.
This chicken turned out so nicely. It was so moist and tender. And I could drink the sauce! My son couldn’t get enough and had two huge helpings. We loved ours with pasta but serve anyway you like it!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
Tender bites of chicken enveloped in a creamy parmesan and lemon sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce with pasta, rice or even zoodles.
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 1 1/2 cups water and 1 1/2 tsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 chicken breasts)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add butter, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, chicken broth into the slow cooker. Stir. Nestle the chicken into the crock and lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours (this is the time for a 6 quart slow cooker and thawed chicken, if using frozen chicken add 1-2 hours).
- Remove the lid. In a small bowl whisk together the half and half and cornstarch until it is smooth. Stir it into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and cover for another 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Use tongs to remove chicken and slice it on a cutting board. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles, zoodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.