Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Meatball Wraps with Spicy Garlic Sauce–flavorful lemon chicken meatballs are served rolled up in flatbread with lettuce, tomato and a sour cream/mayo mixture with lots of garlic and sriracha flavor. A perfect summer meal!
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Meatball Wraps with Spicy Garlic Sauce
Yum is the word I would use to describe this meal! Every part of this dinner is delicious! The meatballs alone are flavorful with lemon zest, garlic and parmesan cheese. The garlic sour cream is to die for and doesn’t have to be spicy if you don’t want it to be. I love flatbread too. I used the Flat Out brand and bought the light version (only 90 calories!). Spinach and tomato add some color and nutrition. My kids and husband and I all agreed that we should add this meal to our rotation.
Ground Chicken: you can find ground chicken next to the regular chicken usually. If you can’t spot it ask the butcher. I like the texture of ground chicken instead of ground turkey for these meatballs.
Flatbread: for some reason the flatbread that I used was kept by the produce and deli counter. I imagine in some other stores it would be kept by the breads. You can also use pita bread for this recipe.
Lemon Zest: I use a very fine grater* to zest my lemons. I just grate it enough to get off the yellow part. The white part, the pith, will be bitter, so don’t use that.
Mayo and Sour Cream: I like to use full fat mayo and sour cream but you could also use light. You can substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream, if you prefer.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Meatball Wraps with Spicy Garlic Sauce I used my 3-quart casserole crock made by the Crock-Pot brand.* I have loved this casserole shaped crockpot for recipes just like this. I love that the crock insert is completely oven and dishwasher safe. I love how if you want to brown the top of a casserole you can do that quickly in the oven after it cooks all day in the slow cooker. Or if you want to bake something in the oven and then put it into the crockpot and keep it warm on the counter, you can do that too. They cost around $40 and I think totally worth the investment!Print
Flavorful lemon chicken meatballs are served rolled up in flatbread with lettuce, tomato and a sour cream/mayo mixture with lots of garlic and sriracha flavor. A perfect summer meal!
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the garlic sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1–3 tsp sriracha (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Spinach, romaine or arugula
- 6 flatbreads (I used Flat Out Light brand)
- Form meatballs. In a bowl combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, oregano, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper. Use your clean hands to combine the mixture thoroughly. Form the mixture into small meatballs. I used about 1 Tbsp per meatball and it made 22 small meatballs.
- Brown meatballs (optional). Turn on your stove and heat up a large pan. Add in the oil. Swirl the oil around. Place the meatballs in the pan in one layer. Let them brown for 2 minutes. Turn them over and brown them on the other side for 2 more minutes. They are not done browning unless they are easy to pick up and don’t leave a residue. Add the meatballs to the slow cooker in one layer.
- Slow Cook. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Make garlic sauce. While the meatballs are cooking prepare the garlic sauce. In a bowl stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, sriracha, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve. Drizzle garlic sauce on top of a flatbread. Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes on top. Spoon 4-5 meatballs on top. Roll up, eat and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Meatball Wraps with Spicy Garlic Sauce? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.