An easy slow cooker version of one of our favorite casseroles of all time–Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole!
- 1 cup minute brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Pour the rice in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour broth on top of the rice. Sprinkle in the garlic,salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite size pieces. Spread them evenly in the slow cooker.
- Evenly place the broccoli on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 2-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and rice is cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. (I like to let the cheese on top melt a bit. I put mine under the broiler in the oven for just 2 minutes.)
- Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy!