Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes–creamy mashed potatoes with grated cheddar and bits of bacon made easy in your slow cooker. A perfect side dish for your Easter dinner.
Get the recipe for Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes here
Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes
One of my favorite things to make in my slow cooker is mashed potatoes. It’s just so easy. You add in some water and some potatoes and turn it on and walk away. I love not having to worry about the water boiling over on the stove.
These slow cooker cheddar bacon mashed potatoes are fancy potatoes that would go perfectly with a ham or turkey dinner. Or you can just eat them straight out the pot. I won’t judge.
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
More Slow Cooker Easter Recipes…
Easter is sneaking up on us! Here are some other ways to use your slow cooker this Easter:
Crockpot Ham from Spend with Pennies
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole from The Magical Slow Cooker
Creamy buttermilk garlic mashed potatoes with grated cheddar and bits of bacon made easy in your slow cooker. A perfect side dish for your Easter dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup warmed buttermilk (or you can use 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt)
- 2 cups medium or sharp cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon (I use pre-packaged bacon crumbles for sake of ease)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes, water, garlic, bay leaf and salt in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and discard the bay leaf. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the butter and buttermilk. Stir in cheddar and bacon. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.