Creamy buttermilk garlic mashed potatoes with grated cheddar and bits of bacon made easy in your slow cooker. A perfect side dish for your Easter dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup warmed buttermilk (or you can use 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt)
- 2 cups medium or sharp cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon (I use pre-packaged bacon crumbles for sake of ease)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes, water, garlic, bay leaf and salt in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and discard the bay leaf. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the butter and buttermilk. Stir in cheddar and bacon. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*