Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup—With a velvety smooth texture, this cauliflower soup is ultra comforting and feels indulgent but it’s surprisingly healthy.
Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
I was a little nervous about this soup and trying it out on my kids so I just made a small batch. However, when my kids got home from school they wolfed down their bowls of soup and asked for more. By the time Greg got home there was nothing left.
This recipe is similar to the Zupas Copy Cat Cauliflower Soup recipe but without all the butter and cheese. And to tell you the truth I think I actually prefer this recipe. Instead of going straight cauliflower like the Zupas version, this one contains some yellow potatoes which actually give a nice, buttery flavor. The texture is spot on and super creamy.
If you like a little more texture to your soup leave some of the cauliflower and potato out of the blending part. Then add the chunks back into the pot after the rest of the soup has been pureed. We loved this soup with bacon crumbles, cheese and green onions on top. Another option would be a dollop of sour cream.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes to Try…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
With a velvety smooth texture, this cauliflower soup is ultra comforting and feels indulgent but it’s surprisingly healthy.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 oz yellow potatoes, cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup half and half or heavy cream
- ¼ cup diced Green onion (optional)
- ½ grated cheddar (optional)
- ½ cup bacon bits (optional)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onions and saute for 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Then add in the broth and deglaze the pot. Turn off the saute setting.
- Add in the cayenne pepper, cauliflower, potatoes and salt.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add contents of Instant Pot to a large blender (you may have to work in batches). Blend until smooth and creamy. Add soup back into the pot.
- Add in half and half. Salt and pepper the soup to taste.
- Pour soup into individual bowls and top each with green onions, cheddar and bacon.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.