Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Gyros–bleu cheese dressing is spooned down the middle of a warm pita and then topped with shredded chicken that has been stirred together with buffalo sauce. Then it’s topped with crunchy celery and bleu cheese crumbles. This is a party in your mouth!
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Gyros
I can’t take the credit for this recipe because my husband thought it up. And let me tell you it is so yummy! The flavor and texture combination is perfect. I used to think that I didn’t like bleu cheese but I am totally loving it lately! A little bit goes such a long way and it brings so much flavor.
To start this slow cooker buffalo chicken gyros you’ll just throw some chicken and buffalo sauce in your slow cooker. I have used chicken breasts for this recipe but I have also used chicken thighs. It’s totally up to you! I’ve also used frozen and thawed chicken. It doesn’t really matter.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes…
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Slow Cooker Salsa Lime Chicken
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti from Lauren’s Latest
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings from Cravings of a Lunatic
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Gyros I used my 6 quart oval KitchenAid slow cooker. I love this slow cooker because it cooks evenly and low. I also love this slow cooker because it has a neat timer with satisfying beeping buttons as well as a medium setting for those days where you start your slow cooker at an in-between time. If you’re in the market for a new slow cooker I definitely recommend this one!Print
Bleu cheese dressing is spooned down the middle of a warm pita and then topped with shredded chicken that has been stirred together with buffalo sauce. Then it’s topped with crunchy celery and bleu cheese crumbles. This is a party in your mouth!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts of thighs, trimmed of excess fat (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I like to use mild)
- 6 pitas
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing
- 6 Tbsp chopped celery
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese crumbles
- Optional: lettuce and tomatoes
- Place chicken and buffalo sauce in your slow cooker. If you’re using chicken thighs cook on low for 4-6 hours. If you’re using chicken breasts cook on low for 3-5 hours. If the chicken is frozen add 2 hours to the cooking time. Shred the chicken and stir it in with the sauce. Add in more sauce, if desired.
- Spoon a tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing down the middle of a warm pita. Then top with about 1/3 cup of chicken. Sprinkle with chopped celery and a few bleu cheese crumbles. You can also add lettuce and tomato, if you desire.
I used my 6 quart oval KitchenAid slow cooker.
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!