Bleu cheese dressing is spooned down the middle of a warm pita and then topped with shredded chicken that has been stirred together with buffalo sauce. Then it’s topped with crunchy celery and bleu cheese crumbles. This is a party in your mouth!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts of thighs, trimmed of excess fat (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I like to use mild)
- 6 pitas
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing
- 6 Tbsp chopped celery
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese crumbles
- Optional: lettuce and tomatoes
- Place chicken and buffalo sauce in your slow cooker. If you’re using chicken thighs cook on low for 4-6 hours. If you’re using chicken breasts cook on low for 3-5 hours. If the chicken is frozen add 2 hours to the cooking time. Shred the chicken and stir it in with the sauce. Add in more sauce, if desired.
- Spoon a tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing down the middle of a warm pita. Then top with about 1/3 cup of chicken. Sprinkle with chopped celery and a few bleu cheese crumbles. You can also add lettuce and tomato, if you desire.
I used my 6 quart oval KitchenAid slow cooker.
- Method: Slow Cooker