Recipes that call for cooked chicken
If you have leftovers when you cook a whole chicken, here are some recipes that you may want to check out:
- 1 (5 lb) whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large onion, sliced into chunky big slices
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Put the onions, garlic cloves and chicken broth in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken (make sure the chicken is dry before you do this)
- Place chicken on top of onions (breast side down).
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 5-7 hours, until the middle of the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Carefully place chicken on a cookie sheet or roaster pan. Put in the oven and broil for several minutes until the skin is crispy and brown. Discard onions, garlic and broth.
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Hungry Housewife
I used my 6 quart Kitchenaid slow cooker for this recipe.
Click here for the Instant Pot version of this recipe.
- Method: Slow Cooker