Pleasantville Chicken–an easy Instant Pot one pot meal of chicken tenderloins, mushrooms, red potatoes, baby carrots, kale and a creamy sauce.
Today’s recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on a blog called “Life in Pleasantville” so I have aptly named it Pleasantville Chicken and it is quite a pleasant dinner. You’re going to love how this is a one pot meal with potatoes, chicken and vegetables all in one pot. It is savory and comforting and makes good leftovers too. I created a YouTube video for you to see how to make this recipe step-by-step. Enjoy!
- Olive oil–or butter
- Onion–or shallot
- Mushrooms–white or baby bella
- Poultry seasoning*
- Garlic powder–or granulated garlic
- Soy sauce–I used low sodium soy sauce
- White wine vinegar–or red wine vinegar
- Better than Bouillon chicken base
- Water–or a half cup of broth (in place of the water and bouillon)
- Chicken tenderloins–frozen is okay, I buy the big bags from Costco
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Baby carrots–or peeled, sliced carrots
- Red potatoes–or peeled russet potatoes
- Kale leaves–or spinach
- Cream cheese–or bousin cheese
Watch my YouTube video for how to make this step-by-step:
- Serve with fresh fruit, a slice of garlic toast or a green salad.
- This recipe can be gluten free if you use gluten free soy sauce (La Choy brand).
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Another recipe you can make with baby carrots is Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Rump Roast.
- Another recipe you can make with kale is Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
An easy Instant Pot one pot meal of chicken tenderloins, mushrooms, red potatoes, baby carrots, kale and a creamy sauce.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Better than Bouillon chicken base
- 1/2 cup water
- 20 ounces chicken tenderloins (frozen is okay)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 16 ounces red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 kale leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl around. Add in the onion and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the poultry seasoning, garlic powder, soy sauce, vinegar and bouillon.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the chicken tenderloins. Sprinkle a big pinch of salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Add in the carrots, potatoes, kale and cream cheese (in that order) and don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well so that cream cheese is incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
More Instant Pot Chicken One Pot Meals…
Seasoned rice, tender chicken and vegetables with a sprinkling of cheese on top. Made quickly and easily in your Instant Pot.
Come Home Casserole
Tender bites of chicken with penne and broccoli in a cream sauce and topped with melty mozzarella cheese.
Weight Loss Casserole
Chicken, broccoli and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. With only 265 calories per serving you can eat this high protein meal guilt-free!
Chicken and rice casserole with pineapple, sliced almonds, chow mein noodles and melty cheese. A casserole version of Hawaiian haystacks.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.