Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup is a creamy tomato basil soup with cheese tortellini that is made quickly in your electric pressure cooker.
Get the SLOW COOKER Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup recipe here
Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup
I’ve taken two of my favorite soup recipes (tomato basil parmesan and creamy tortellini soup) and combined them into one delicious soup! The cool thing about this soup is that it is so easy to make! Even if you’re a beginner at the Instant Pot you can make this soup. Watch the video below to see exactly how.
My husband was actually the one who suggested that I create this soup. He was going to be stopping home from work to eat lunch at our house with a work colleague and thought that soup would be a great meal. He and his friend were so happy with their lunch. Then my son took the leftovers to school the next day for his lunch in his mini crockpot*.
Ideally I would serve this soup with salad and french bread or homemade breadsticks (I like this recipe) but it’s also good by itself. Let’s get real most of the time a one course meal is all that’s going to happen.
Watch how to make Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup (Video)
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy tomato basil soup with cheese tortellini that is made quickly in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery (3 ribs)
- 1 cup diced carrots (1 large carrot)
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth (or 4 cups water + 4 tsp better than bouillon chicken base*)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (19 oz) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups half and half (or heavy cream or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl the oil around. Add in the onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the carrots and celery and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the broth, tomatoes, basil, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. Once the time is up let the pot sit there for an additional 5 minutes (display will say L0:05) then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the pot back to the saute setting. Pour in the frozen tortellini. They will cook in about 2-4 minutes.
- Warm up the dairy in the microwave for about 90 seconds. Then stir a ladleful of soup into the dairy. This will prevent curdling. Then stir the dairy/soup mixture into the Instant Pot. Stir until it is incorporated. Then sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Half and half is half cream and half whole milk. You can find it next to the heavy cream at your grocery store.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 656 mg
- Fat: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Protein: 7 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.