Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta–a creamy sauce made with garlic, lemon and parmesan cheese encomapsses thin spaghetti and shrimp. This recipe is cooked in just a few minutes thanks to your electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
One really sad thing in my life is that my husband is allergic to shrimp. I feel like the only time that I can eat shrimp is at a restaurant and even then I feel a little guilty because he can’t have a bite of whatever I ordered. So believe it or not I’ve never made shrimp at home. Until yesterday. I decided to break my streak and make a creamy dreamy shrimp recipe at home. It was sooooo easy. Yes my husband had to eat cereal for dinner but I don’t think he was too sad because the rest of us were so happy. Plus we have some rockin’ cereals in our pantry.
This recipe is pretty simple to make. The pasta is made easy by pressure cooking it for 3 minutes…you don’t even have to drain off any water. Then the shrimp are stirred in and cooked very quickly using the saute function of your Instant Pot. We don’t pressure cook the shrimp because by the time the pot came to pressure and released pressure they would be way overcooked.
I ended up using thin whole wheat spaghetti noodles and they worked perfectly. You can’t even tell that they are whole wheat.
I hope you get to try this recipe soon at your house! Hopefully nobody is allergic to shellfish where you live.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy sauce made with garlic, lemon and parmesan cheese encomapsses thin spaghetti and shrimp. This recipe is cooked in just a few minutes thanks to your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb (16 oz) thin spaghetti (whole wheat or white)
- 1 lb (16 oz) raw deveined, peeled jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or heavy cream, warmed
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 cups grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When it says HOT on the display add in the butter and let it melt. Swirl it around. Add in the garlic cloves and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth. Break up the spaghetti to fit into the pot. Add in the spaghetti. It will mostly be submerged in the broth.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes (high pressure). When the time is up move the valve to “venting.” Open the pot.
- Turn the pot to the saute setting. Add in the shrimp, salt, pepper, half and half, lemon juice, lemon zest, parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir. Cook until the shrimp are pink and spinach is wilted. If shrimp are not frozen this will only take 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste. Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can use frozen or thawed shrimp. The frozen shrimp will take a bit more time to turn pink. Make sure the shrimp are deveined and peeled.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 930 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 30 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.