Frozen salmon fillets are thrown into your electric pressure cooker with some rice and cooked until flaky. This is such an easy and fast way to make salmon. Serve your salmon and rice with veggies and you have a complete meal.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 4 (6 oz) frozen salmon fillets
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger (fresh)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pour water into Instant Pot. Rinse the rice and then add in the jasmine rice. Place frozen salmon fillets on top of the rice in just one layer, if possible.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and sesame oil. Spoon all but one tablespoon of the mixture evenly over each of the salmon fillets. Save the last tablespoon for later.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Drizzle the rest of the sauce over the salmon fillets. Gently scoop the salmon and rice onto serving plates. Eat and enjoy.
If you don’t want rice you can just add a cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and then place the salmon on top of a trivet.
To make gluten free: Replace soy sauce with Tamari sauce that is labeled as gluten-free.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 575 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 38 g