Instant Pot Shredded Beef Street Tacos–small tortillas are piled with tender shredded seasoned beef, sour cream, tomatoes, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime. The beef is made in an electric pressure cooker and becomes super tender in a matter of minutes.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Shredded Beef Street Tacos
I love using the Instant Pot to make shredded beef of any kind. Chuck roast can become super tender in an hour in the Instant Pot. It is easily shreddable and makes a perfect filling for tacos, salads, tostados, burritos and more.
These Instant Pot shredded beef street tacos are just so perfect. Because they are so small you can eat one as a snack or make three for dinner. Yum! My whole family agreed that these tacos were tasty. We love using the uncooked tortillas found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. You simply put them in a hot pan for about 30 seconds on each side to cook them. They make the whole taco experience so much better. And they aren’t really much more expensive than regular tortillas.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Shredded Beef Street Tacos I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Small tortillas are piled with tender shredded seasoned beef, sour cream, tomatoes, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime. The beef is made in an electric pressure cooker and becomes super tender in a matter of minutes.
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I used 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Desired taco ingredients: small flour or corn tortillas (I used uncooked tortillas and cooked them in a skillet), tomatoes, cotija cheese, lime, diced tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
- In a small bowl stir together the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub this mixture equally over each of the 4 pieces of beef.
- Add orange juice, broth, onion and garlic into the Instant Pot. Nestle the beef into the pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 50 minutes on high pressure. For shredded beef I like to use a full natural pressure release. This means you let the pot sit there until the pin goes down. If you don’t have time for a full natural pressure release you can move the valve to venting after 15 minutes (the display will read L 0:15).
- Remove the lid and use tongs to place meat on a cutting board. Shred the meat. Salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- Serve the meat in tortillas with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Plan about 1/2 pound of beef per person. The roast shrinks down a lot.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Serve on corn tortillas!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (using 2 pounds of meat)
- Calories: 649
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 829 mg
- Fat: 41 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 66 g
Keywords: beef, tacos
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Shredded Beef Street Tacos? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.