Small tortillas are piled with tender shredded seasoned beef, sour cream, tomatoes, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime. The beef is made in an electric pressure cooker and becomes super tender in a matter of minutes.
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2–3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I used 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Desired taco ingredients: small flour or corn tortillas (I used uncooked tortillas and cooked them in a skillet), tomatoes, cotija cheese, lime, diced tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
- In a small bowl stir together the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub this mixture equally over each of the 4 pieces of beef.
- Add orange juice, broth, onion and garlic into the Instant Pot. Nestle the beef into the pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 50 minutes on high pressure. For shredded beef I like to use a full natural pressure release. This means you let the pot sit there until the pin goes down. If you don’t have time for a full natural pressure release you can move the valve to venting after 15 minutes (the display will read L 0:15).
- Remove the lid and use tongs to place meat on a cutting board. Shred the meat. Salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- Serve the meat in tortillas with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Plan about 1/2 pound of beef per person. The roast shrinks down a lot.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Serve on corn tortillas!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (using 2 pounds of meat)
- Calories: 649
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 829 mg
- Fat: 41 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 66 g
Keywords: beef, tacos