Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Street Tacos–small tortillas are piled with tender shredded seasoned beef, sour cream, tomatoes, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime. The beef is cooked low and slow and becomes super tender in a over many hours.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Street Tacos
I love using the slow cooker to make shredded beef of any kind. Chuck roast can become super tender in the moist environment of the slow cooker. It is easily shreddable and makes a perfect filling for tacos, salads, tostados, burritos and more.
These slow cooker shredded beef street tacos are just so perfect. Because they are so small you can eat one as a snack or make three for dinner. Yum! My whole family agreed that these tacos were tasty. We love using the uncooked tortillas found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. You simply put them in a hot pan for about 30 seconds on each side to cook them. They make the whole taco experience so much better. And they aren’t really much more expensive than regular tortillas.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Street Tacos I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
Small tortillas are piled with tender shredded seasoned beef, sour cream, tomatoes, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime. The beef is cooked low and slow and becomes super tender in a over many hours.
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I used 2 oranges)
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Desired taco ingredients: small flour or corn tortillas (I used uncooked tortillas and cooked them in a skillet), tomatoes, cotija cheese, lime, diced tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
- In a small bowl stir together the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub this mixture equally over each of the 4 pieces of beef.
- Add orange juice, onion and garlic into the slow cooker. Nestle the beef into the crock.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to place meat on a cutting board. Shred the meat. Salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- Serve the meat in tortillas with desired toppings.
Plan about 1/2 pound of beef per person. The roast shrinks down a lot.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (using 2 pounds of meat)
- Calories: 649
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 829 mg
- Fat: 41 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 66 g
Keywords: beef, tacos
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Street Tacos? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.