Instant Pot Saved by the Breakfast Casserole–this breakfast strata has lots of color and flavor from spinach, roasted red bell pepper strips, Italian sausage and feta cheese. A new angle on breakfast!
Instant Pot Saved by the Breakfast Casserole
There is a group of people in the world that were born between, oh, 1977 and 1983 who LOVED the Saturday morning show, Saved by the Bell. I am definitely one of those people. It’s been on the top of my mind lately because Greg, my kids and I have been watching all the episodes of Saved by the Bell on the Peacock streaming platform. We only have a few left and we are all sad about it. It took a few episodes to hook my kids but now they are asking to watch it and secretly watching it by themselves. What is your favorite episode? Mine? Definitely Jessie’s Song. You cannot beat it. “I’m so excited! I’m so scared!”
So what in the world does that have to do with an Instant Pot breakfast casserole? Well, Tiffany Thiessen who played the well-like, sweet Kelly Kapowski had her own cooking show and a cookbook* a few years back and today’s breakfast casserole is a spin off of her recipe. Tiffany will ALWAYS be Kelly Kapowski to me just as Mark Paul Gosselar will ALWAYS be Zack Morris. There’s no getting around it.
I liked this breakfast casserole because it was a bit different than the normal sausage, eggs and hashbrowns casserole. It has cubed baguette, eggs and Italian sausage as well as some spinach and red bell pepper strips. And then the whole casserole is topped off with feta cheese. I just love feta cheese! I hope you get to try Kelly’s (I mean Tiffany’s) recipe soon. And remember, it’s alright cuz I’m saved by the bell 🎵🤣
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Equipment needed: pot-in-pot dish and sling/trivet
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2–3 cups spinach
- 2 cups cubed baguette or French bread
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta Deli Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, half and half or milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a pan on the stove or using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot brown your ground Italian sausage and then stir in the spinach for about 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Spray a pot-in-pot dish* with non-stick cooking spray. In the dish, layer the bread cubes, Italian sausage, bell pepper strips. In a bowl beat together the eggs, cream and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle feta on top.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place pot-in-pot dish on top of sling/trivet* and lower into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.