Instant Pot Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli—a flavorful, healthy-ish and easy dump-and-go meal with just a handful of ingredients. This will quickly become a family favorite!
Instant Pot Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
This Instant Pot Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli was such an easy one pot meal and my whole household loved it. We will definitely be making this one again and again. I loved that there wasn’t any browning or sauteing. The hardest part of this recipe is cutting up the sweet potato.
I was proud of myself to figure out how to pressure cook the broccoli at the same time as the sweet potatoes and the sausage. Usually broccoli florets would turn to complete mush with any amount of pressure cooking. But because I kept the broccoli in one big crown and didn’t cut it up until after it was pressure cooked it steamed perfectly alongside the potatoes and sausage.
I ended up using a 2 minute pressure cook time and that worked perfectly if you like your sweet potatoes soft. If you like a little more bite to your sweet potatoes then you may want to try a 1 minute pressure cook time or even a 0 minute pressure cook time. Another idea is to bring the broth to a boil using the saute button before adding in the other ingredients. This will help the pot come to pressure faster and therefore the ingredients won’t be as soft.
More Instant Pot Dump and Go Meals…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A flavorful, healthy-ish and easy dump and go meal with just a handful of ingredients. This will quickly become a family favorite!
- 1 ½ cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package of beef smoked sausage. cut into quarter inch slices
- 20 ounces sweet potatoes (this was one big sweet potato for me), peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 large broccoli crown (mine was 15 ounces)
- Pour broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the smoked sausage into the bottom of the pot in one layer. Add in the cubed sweet potatoes. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme on top of the potatoes. Place the pats of butter equally throughout the potatoes. Place the broccoli on top of the sweet potatoes. Don’t cut it up.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes (for softer sweet potatoes) or 1 minute (for less soft potatoes). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and gently stir it in.
- Scoop onto serving plates and drizzle with some of the juices from the pot.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.