A flavorful, healthy-ish and easy dump and go meal with just a handful of ingredients. This will quickly become a family favorite!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package of beef smoked sausage. cut into quarter inch slices
- 20 ounces sweet potatoes (this was one big sweet potato for me), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 large broccoli crown (mine was 15 ounces)
- Pour broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the smoked sausage into the bottom of the pot in one layer. Add in the cubed sweet potatoes. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme on top of the potatoes. Place the pats of butter equally throughout the potatoes. Place the broccoli on top of the sweet potatoes. Don’t cut it up.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes (for softer sweet potatoes) or 1 minute (for less soft potatoes). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and gently stir it in.
- Scoop onto serving plates and drizzle with some of the juices from the pot.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot