Instant Pot Pizza Soup–Love pizza? Try this soup that tastes like the real deal (minus the crispy crust). It’s made in the pressure cooker too so it’s extra fast and totally delicious. Add whatever pizza toppings you like to the soup to make it taste even better!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Pizza Soup
This is a super delicious soup that is family friendly. One reason that I really like about this soup is that you can add whatever pizza toppings you like. For instance, if you love a supreme pizza add everything. If you’re just a plain pepperoni pizza lover just add pepperonis. The topping ideas are endless…tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, pepperonis, ham, pineapple, green pepper, olives, spinach, etc. Each person can personalize their bowl of soup.
I like to serve this soup with breadsticks. Do you have a great recipe for breadsticks? I don’t! I need one. If you have an easy recipe that tastes great will you let me know??? If you don’t have time to make homemade breadsticks you can “make” cheater breadsticks like I did this time.
Here’s how you do it…Get flat bread (pita bread) at the store. I love using the Papa Pita brand. I buy a 10 pack at Costco for less than $3.00. Place a pita bread on a cookie sheet and brush it with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle the top of the pita with garlic salt. Bake in your oven for 5 minutes at 350° F. Slice them with a pizza cutter and enjoy! My kids love these and they are so easy and fast to make.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli Soup
Instant Pot Italian Tortellini Soup
Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Chicken Spinach Soup
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Pressure Cooker Mushroom Marsala Soup from Pressure Cooking Today
Quick Italian Sausage and Pepper Soup from Sugar Free Mom
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot pizza soup recipe I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Love pizza? Try this soup that tastes like the real deal (minus the crispy crust). It’s made in the pressure cooker too so it’s extra fast and totally delicious. Add whatever pizza toppings you like to the soup to make it taste even better!
- 1 lb ground sausage (I prefer to use Italian sausage)
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes or 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or you can use 1 tsp ground thyme, 1/4 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/4 tsp dried rosemary, 1/4 tsp dried marjoram)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 5 oz mini pepperonis
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Topping ideas: ham, bacon, green peppers, olives, mushrooms, pineapple, onions, etc.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. Add the sausage to the pot and break it up with a wooden spoon. Brown the sausage until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease and discard.
- Add in the onion flakes, garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Give a quick stir. Turn the saute function off. Press the manual pressure cook button and set the timer for 5 minutes. It should be on high pressure. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
- Once the timer beeps you can release the pressure by carefully moving the valve to “venting.” Once the pressure is released, open the pot. Stir in the mini pepperonis.
- In a bowl (like the size for cereal) stir the melted butter and flour together. Stir a bit of the soup into the butter/flour mixture until smooth. Whisk the whole mixture into the pot. Turn the pot to the saute function again. Stir the soup until it is thickened from the flour mixture (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in 1 cup (half) of the mozzarella cheese into the soup. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each bowl with additional mozzarella and any desired toppings you would like. Enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe.
Click here for the SLOW COOKER VERSION of this recipe.
I served my soup with “cheater” breadsticks. Get flat bread (pita bread) at the store. I love using the Papa Pita brand. I buy a 10 pack at Costco for less than $3.00. Place a pita bread on a cookie sheet and brush it with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle the top of the pita with garlic salt. Bake in your oven for 5 minutes at 350° F. Slice them with a pizza cutter and enjoy! My kids love these and they are so easy and fast to make.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Instant Pot Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!