I am totally a soup fanatic. I would eat it every single day in the winter if I had it my way! It’s easy to make and warm and comforting to eat. This particular soup is awesome because you can totally personalize it to your likes. If you like olives, throw some in! If you prefer green peppers, dice some up! Mushrooms? You got it. Is the meatlovers pizza your thing? Add in some bacon, ham, pepperoni and sausage.
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned and rinsed completely of all grease (Italian sausage would be good)
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 4 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup flour
- 5 oz mini pepperonis
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Other options: ham, bacon, green peppers, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Add sausage, onion, garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, sugar, diced tomatoes, water and bouillon to the slow cooker. (Add in extra options that you desire at this time)
- In a separate bowl, stir the 1/3 cup flour into the tomato sauce until smooth. Add tomato sauce into the slow cooker. Stir a bit and then cover. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Add 1 1/2 cups mozzarella to the slow cooker. Stir until melted. Add in mini pepperonis to the slow
cooker. Ladle soup into bowls and top with extra mozzarella cheese and parsley for garnish. (You can also add any toppings that you like uncooked here as well).
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart