Instant Pot Pink Pasta–when you combine a white sauce and a red sauce you get a sauce with pink-ish tint. And it is delicious! You’re going to love this super fast and easy pasta dinner.
Instant Pot Pink Pasta
I’ve made recipes like this one before and have always enjoyed them but for some reason this really hit the spot more than ever. The Italian sausage adds a ton of flavor…more than chicken, ground beef or meatballs do. Plus you’ll be surprised at how yummy the combination of alfredo and marinara is! And this recipe comes together super quick! After you brown the sausage you just dump everything in and walk away. Try this out to feed a crowd. You’ll get two thumbs up from everyone!
- Ground Italian sausage–I used mild but you can use hot if you like heat
- Chicken broth–or beef broth. I like to use water and Better Than Bouillon.
- Farfalle pasta–or penne or cavatappi
- Marinara sauce–I used Ragu
- Alfredo sauce–I used Prego
- Italian seasoning–or make your own
- Garlic powder
- Brown the sausage: Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Deglaze the pot: Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Layer in ingredients: Dump in the pasta. Evenly pour the marinara and alfredo over the pasta. Don’t stir (this will help prevent the burn error message).
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the mozzarella.
- Serve: Scoop into bowls and serve. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve with garlic bread and a side salad with Olive Garden Italian dressing.
- If you don’t have a pound of Italian sausage but you do have a pound of normal, breakfast sausage try using these seasonings to amp up the flavor.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot. Halve the recipe in a 3 quart pot.
- This makes a lot! To cut the recipe in half, halve all ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Try reheating it using the pot-in-pot method.
- Other recipes you can make with mozzarella cheese are Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Tortellini and Instant Pot Caprese Chicken.
More Amazing Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
- Instant Pot Chilis Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Supreme Pasta
- Best Friends Casserole
- Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Casserole
- Instant Pot Cowboy Up Supper
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Tortellini
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Get a daily Instant Pot recipe delivered to your email!Print
When you combine a white sauce and a red sauce you get a sauce with pink-ish tint. And it is delicious! You’re going to love this super fast and easy pasta dinner.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) package farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 1 (24 oz) jar Marinara sauce
- 1 (22 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Dump in the pasta. Evenly pour the marinara and alfredo over the pasta. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the mozzarella.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
Stay in touch!
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.