Instant Pot Chicken Supreme Pasta–an easy dump and go recipe for pasta with chicken, vegetables, pepperoni cheese and a creamy yogurt sauce.
Instant Pot Chicken Supreme Pasta
This is a great one pot meal! With only a few minutes of preparation and a 3 minute pressure cooking time it is a terrific option for an easy weeknight meal. We all loved this the night of and had some leftovers which we enjoyed on another day.
- Chicken broth–or water and Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
- Chicken breasts–or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- Dry minced onion–I buy the big container from Costco
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Italian seasoning–or make your own
- Rotini pasta–or another short cut pasta like penne, farfalle, small shells, macaroni, cavatappi, etc. You can use white or whole wheat pasta.
- Mushrooms–I like to chop mine so their more indistinguishable to my son. I like using this chopper tool*.
- Grape tomatoes–or a can of diced/crushed tomatoes
- Green bell pepper–you can also try another color of bell pepper
- Pepperoni–or cooked sausage
- Greek yogurt–or sour cream or cream cheese
- Flour–or cornstarch
- Sharp cheddar cheese–or another type of cheese you like (mozzarella, colby, pepper jack)
- Set yogurt out so that it can come to room temperature. This will help prevent it from separating.
- Add ingredients into Instant Pot: Add broth, chicken, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning into Instant Pot. Add the pasta. Cover the pasta with the mushrooms, tomatoes and green peppers. This will help the pasta to cook evenly even though it’s not completely covered by broth.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Temper yogurt: Turn off Instant Pot. Stir the flour in with the Greek yogurt (to prevent separation). Stir in a quarter cup of the hot liquid from the pot into the yogurt to temper. Stir the pepperoni, yogurt and cheese into the Instant Pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Can I use frozen chicken? If the chicken is already cut up into bite size pieces and it is frozen then yes you can. You’ll use the same cooking time.
- Slicing against the grain: I like to slice against the grain into strips and then cut into cubes. This keeps the chicken more tender.
- Can I use cooked chicken? Yes you can! Try using rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Keep the same cooking time.
- Serve with chicken pasta with a side salad or some fruit. It has lots of vegetables in it so it can be a one pot meal.
- Try adding in olives, spinach, ham or cooked sausage.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot. For the 3 quart pot halve the recipe but keep the cooking time the same.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with leftover pepperoni are: Instant Pot Sausage Pepperoni Spinach Ravioli, Instant Pot Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf, Instant Pot Pizza Casserole
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
- Best Friends Casserole–one for you and one for your bff
- Instant Pot Country Club Chicken–tastes fancy but it’s easy to make
- Instant Pot Cowboy Up Supper–spaghetti but cowboy style
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Tortellini–one of my favorite recipes
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Get a daily Instant Pot recipe delivered to your email!Print
An easy dump and go recipe for pasta with chicken, vegetables, pepperoni cheese and a creamy yogurt sauce.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 to 16 ounces of chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp dry minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 12 ounces fresh grape tomatoes, halved or 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 of one green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pepperonis, chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp flour or cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Set yogurt out so that it can come to room temperature.
- Add broth, chicken, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning into Instant Pot.
- Add the pasta. Cover the pasta with the mushrooms, tomatoes and green peppers. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn off Instant Pot. There will still be some liquid in the pot that hasn’t been absorbed. Stir the flour in with the Greek yogurt. Stir in a half cup of the hot liquid from the pot into the yogurt to temper. Stir the pepperoni, yogurt and cheese into the Instant Pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
Stay in touch!
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.