Instant Pot Pesto Mushroom Chicken–tender bites of chicken and mushrooms enveloped in a basil pesto sauce. With only 5 ingredients and the help of your electric pressure cooker you can get dinner on the table in minutes. We like to eat this over orecchiette pasta.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Pesto Mushroom Chicken
I had leftover pesto from when I made the pesto chicken risotto the other night. I knew I needed to use it up so I gladly made this instant pot pesto mushroom chicken. I love this recipe because it only has a handful of ingredients and I actually didn’t even thaw my chicken so it made it even easier. You can eat this dinner plain or you can serve it over pasta noodles, potatoes, quinoa or rice. If you love pesto then you will love this recipe!!!
More recipes you’ll love
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Pesto Mushroom Chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Tender bites of chicken and mushrooms enveloped in a basil pesto sauce. With only 5 ingredients and the help of your electric pressure cooker you can get dinner on the table in minutes. We like to eat this over orecchiette pasta.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pour chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Add in the chicken and mushrooms. Salt and pepper the chicken and mushrooms lightly.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes (thawed chicken breasts) or 12 minutes (frozen chicken breasts–see note below) on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 10 more minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the chicken and slice it. Add it back into the pot. Stir in the pesto and mozzarella and tomatoes. If you’d like to thicken the sauce combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Mix until smooth. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot. The mixture should thicken up in a couple minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken, sauce and mushrooms with pasta, potatoes, rice or quinoa…or plain.
If you are using those mammoth-sized frozen chicken breasts you may need more time to get the chicken cooked all the way through. I had one larger chicken breast and one smaller one. The smaller one was cooked through but the larger one was still a little pink in the middle. I sliced it and added it back into the pot on the saute function. It cooked in the same amount of time it took for the cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Sodium: 641 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 32 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Pesto Mushroom Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.