Instant Pot Dude Ranch Chicken–an easy dump and go recipe with chicken, cheese, rice and southwest flavors. You’ll love the secret ingredient that makes the flavor pop!
Instant Pot Dude Ranch Chicken
You’re going to love this cheesy chicken and rice dish. It’s got lots of flavor thanks to a product I found called Herdez Guacamole Salsa. Have you tried it yet? It’s sort of like green salsa and creamy guacamole combined. We eat it all the time with tortilla chips at our house. If you do buy it and don’t like spice then make sure to get the MILD kind because even the medium is too hot for me.
This chicken is a super fast and easy dump and go recipe. All you do is add broth, rice and chicken into the Instant Pot. Top with a few seasonings, some green chiles and the guacamole salsa. You’ll pressure cook for 22 minutes and then stir in sour cream and cheese and serve. See?! I told you it was easy. This is a perfect recipe to make this summer. You can serve the chicken and rice as is or roll it up in tortillas (like a burrito), or serve it over tortilla chips.
For this recipe I really like using boneless, skinless chicken thighs because they hold up well with the 22 minute cooking time that is necessary for the brown rice. They are so moist and tender and add lots of flavor to the dish. You can also use bone-in chicken thighs. If you’d like to use chicken breasts you can they just won’t be as tender.
If you’d like to use white rice instead of brown rice you will only need a 5 minute pressure cook time with a 10 minute natural pressure release. And you’ll need to cut up the chicken into chunks so that it will cook at the same rate as the rice. You can also use chicken tenders (they cook perfectly in five minutes).
More Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
An easy dump and go recipe with chicken, cheese, rice and southwest flavors. You’ll love the ingredient that makes the flavor pop!
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles (I used mild)
- 1 cup Herdez Guacamole Salsa (I used mild)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice.
- Place chicken into the pot and then sprinkle it with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Dump the green chiles and salsa over the top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- If mixture is runny you can make a cornstarch slurry. Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1-2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Turn off Instant Pot and remove the liner from the pot. Stir in the sour cream and sprinkle the cheese on top. If desired chop or shred the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.