Instant Pot Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes—classic meatloaf with glaze and baked potatoes made together in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Baked Potatoes
Meatloaf and baked potatoes all in one pot, your Instant Pot! It’s an easy dinner that tastes great and takes minimal effort. And it doesn’t heat up your house.
This meatloaf recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe and it is flavored perfectly! The glaze is simple but in my opinion is a must! It gives the meatloaf a little pizzazz.
What kind of meat should I use?
For meatballs and meatloaf I always try to find lean or extra lean ground beef or ground turkey. This will ensure that the meatloaf isn’t floating in grease. I’ve made this recipe with ground beef and ground turkey and both taste great!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Electric pressure cooker: To make Instant Pot meatloaf and baked potatoes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use an 8 quart pot.
- A trivet with handles: I love this OXO sling/trivet* and use it all the time for so many different recipes.
- A pan for the meatloaf: Use an oven safe pan that fits inside your Instant Pot like a Fat daddios pan 7 inch by 3 inch cake pan* or a stainless steel pan*.
Can I Double The Recipe?
Yes you can double the meatloaf portion of this recipe. You won’t have room to double the baked potatoes though. Use a pan that is large enough to fit your doubled meatloaf. To ensure the meatloaf is cooked through use a thermometer* to test for doneness. The middle of the meatloaf should be 160°F.
I’m trying to eat low carb. What can I make instead of potatoes?
If you’re trying to cut carbs make the meatloaf without the potatoes in the bottom. Then serve the meatloaf with green beans, salad or another vegetable of your choice.
More Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipes…
Classic meatloaf with glaze and baked potatoes made together in your Instant Pot
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4–5 medium russet potatoes (optional)
- Add meat, crackers, parsley, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, dijon, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix well with clean or gloved hands.
- Pat the mixture into a pan* that fits inside your Instant Pot. Make a glaze by mixing the ketchup and vinegar together. Spread the glaze on top of the meatloaf.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the Instant Pot. Place the potatoes in one layer on top of the trivet. Place the meatloaf pan on top of the potatoes.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the meatloaf and potatoes. If desired, place meatloaf under oven’s broiler for 3-5 minutes. Slice and serve the meatloaf with the potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes (plus 5-10 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.