A layered breakfast dish of waffles, sausage, eggs and cheese. A hearty breakfast!
Equipment needed–pan for pot-in-pot cooking, sling or trivet, 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 frozen waffles
- 4 frozen pre-cooked sausage patties
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 diced green onion
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Toast the 4 waffles. Cut each waffle into quarters.
- Put the sausage patties on top of a paper towel lined plate and microwave for 90 seconds. Pat off any excess grease. Cut into quarters.
- In a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot (I used Fat daddios 7 inch by 3 inch pan*) layer the waffles, then the sausage patties. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the cheese and green onions on top.
- Place pan on top of trivet. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes.
- When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Use a paper towel to gently pat off any moisture on top of casserole.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy with tabasco or salsa or even syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot