All the delicious flavors of lasagna in soup form! Plus, it’s made in the Instant Pot so it’s a meal that comes together quickly. Kids and adults alike will love this soup!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (mild or hot, it’s up to you)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 3 cups uncooked campanelle noodles* (they look like little tiny lasagna noodles)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Turn the sauté function to the medium setting on your Instant Pot. Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage. Brown the ground sausage and sauté the onions and garlic at the same time. Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent drain off all the grease.
- Add the green pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, brown sugar, tomatoes,tomato sauce, water, better than bouillon and uncooked pasta into the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 2 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release for about 5-10 minutes naturally and then gently move the valve to “venting” and let the rest of the pressure release.
- Open the pot and stir. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and a dollop of ricotta.
This recipe makes 8 servings. If you have leftovers, you’ll notice the pasta will suck up a lot of the liquid of the soup. You can eat it like this (it will be more of a goulash consistency) or you can stir some broth into the leftover soup to make it more soup like.
If you’d like the SLOW COOKER version of the soup click here.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot