Instant Pot Hamburger Jazz–take some ground beef and jazz it up! This is an easy 6 ingredient recipe that has pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand. Rice, enchilada sauce, ground beef and mozzarella cheese are the stars of this one pot meal.
Instant Pot Hamburger Jazz
We all came home hungry, ready to eat and luckily I had put this ground beef and rice dinner in the pot before I left. We consumed it in about 5 minutes flat, scraping the pot clean. It’s a simple recipe but it tastes amazing! You may want to double it!
The name of this recipe is a little funny. I adapted this from another recipe and there was no reason for the name other than her that’s what her grandmother had named it. The best recipes do come from our grandmothers, don’t they?
- Lean ground beef–or ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- Beef broth–or water and Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- Brown rice–or white rice
- Green enchilada sauce–or red enchilada sauce
- Petite diced tomatoes–or salsa, crushed tomatoes or Rotel
- Shredded mozzarella cheese–or cheddar cheese, pepper jack or monterey jack
Steps to make hamburger jazz
- Brown the beef by using the sauté setting (“more”) on the Instant Pot.
- Deglaze the pot so that you don’t get the burn message.
- Layer in the ingredients…rice, enchilada sauce and tomatoes. Don’t stir, this will prevent the burn message.
- Pressure cook for the proper amount of time. Depending on what kind of rice you choose to use will affect the cooking time. See the green chart below for different types of rice.
- Cheese it up and serve!
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this in your 3 or 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Double the recipe by doubling all ingredients and keeping the cooking time the same. If you use brown rice only use 2 ½ cups of broth instead of 3 cups for doubled recipe.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Try using my hamburger chopping tool* for breaking up ground meats.
- This recipe can be gluten free. Make sure your broth and enchilada sauce are labeled gluten free.
- This recipe can be dairy free. Leave out the cheese.
- This recipe can be made with riced cauliflower for a lower carb option. If you choose this route I would not pressure cook the cauliflower or it will get too soft. Rather I would cook this as a skillet supper on the stove.
More Instant Pot Beef and Rice Recipes…
- Instant Pot Sour Cream Taco Rice Bake
- Porcupines in a Skillet (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Instant Pot Lazy Stuffed Cabbage
- Instant Pot Sour Cream Chili Bake
- Instant Pot Texas Hash
- Instant Pot Chili Cheese Rice
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
An easy 6 ingredient recipe that has pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand. Rice, enchilada sauce, ground beef and mozzarella cheese are the stars of this one pot meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or white rice
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef into the pot and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour broth into the Instant Pot (1 ¼ cups for brown rice and 1 ½ cups for white rice) and scrape bottom of pot with a wooden spoon so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the rice into the pot (don’t stir). Dump the enchilada sauce evenly over the rice and then dump the tomatoes evenly over the top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes for brown rice and 5 minutes for white rice. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the mozzarella and serve.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.