Instant Pot Texas Hash is a quick and easy weeknight meal that combines ground beef, rice, diced tomatoes, onions and bell pepper plus some seasonings, like chili powder. This recipe all cooks in one pot, your Instant Pot, for super easy cleanup.
Instant Pot Texas Hash
This recipe is easy to make and you might possibly have everything you need to make it at your home already! It’s like spanish rice meets american goulash. And it could be a clean out the fridge type of recipe…add in extra veggies if you’d like! My kids served it with a dollop of sour cream on top.
- What kind of meat can I use? You can use ground beef or ground turkey for this recipe. I have noticed that ground turkey puts off a lot of liquid. So if you use ground turkey you may notice softer rice.
- What kind of rice can I use? I used brown rice and a 22 minute pressure cook time. You can also use white rice with a 5 minute pressure cooking time. See my green chart below for more rice options.
- Cheese is optional. If you are looking for a dairy free recipe just leave out the cheese. I, personally, enjoyed the addition of cheddar. You can also try another type of cheese like mozzarella, pepperjack, monterey jack etc.
- What size pressure cooker? I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in an 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
More Ground Beef and Rice Instant Pot Recipes…
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Beef–Serve as dinner or as a hearty side dish.
- Instant Pot Haystack Supper–Pile it all on your plate like a giant haystack
- Instant Pot Cherokee Casserole–a cheesy, creamy rice and beef casserole
- Instant Pot Cattle Drive Casserole–ground beef and crescent roll casserole
- Instant Pot Shipwreck Casserole–a compilation of random ingredients like ground beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots that ends up tasting really amazing together!
- Instant Pot Western Meal in One–a one pot meal with a western flare!
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A quick and easy weeknight meal that combines ground beef, rice, diced tomatoes, onions and bell pepper plus some seasonings, like chili powder. This recipe all cooks in one pot, your Instant Pot, for super easy cleanup.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup brown rice or white rice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced, stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and onions and half of the salt. Break up the beef and brown for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice and use a spoon to press it down (don’t stir). Add in the chili powder, the other half of the salt, pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste and Worcestershire.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 22 minutes for brown rice and 5 minutes for white rice. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheese and diced green pepper. Cover and let the pot sit on warm for 5-10 more minutes. Remove lid and serve.
Recipe adapted from A Family Feast
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.