A creamy mushroom sauce with ground beef served over egg noodles. An easy recipe to make that uses common ingredients and it’s delicious to eat.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Hot cooked eggs noodles
- Diced green onion, for topping
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up*. Add in the kosher salt and onion. Brown the beef and saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth. Then add in the pepper, dill, garlic powder and mushrooms.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and cold water together until smooth. Add it into the pot. Then add in the sour cream and cream cheese. The sauce will thicken and the cream cheese will melt in just a couple minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stroganoff over hot cooked eggs noodles and top with green onion.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American