Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pot Roast–This easy pot roast cooks in the Instant Pot and creates an incredibly delicious garlic herb gravy! The finished meat is fall apart tender.
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pot Roast
Next time rump roast is on sale at your grocery store pick one up to make garlic herb pot roast. It is an easy pot roast recipe that has lots of flavor from rubbing the seasonings all over the roast and then browning it in olive oil. Don’t forget the tasty gravy!
- There is garlic powder and fresh minced garlic in this recipe to give it lots of garlic flavor!
- I used a rump roast for this recipe. You can also use a chuck roast.
- By browning the roast you add a lot of flavor. Take the few minutes it takes for a much better result.
- You can serve your Instant Pot garlic herb pot roast with mashed or roasted potatoes, a green vegetable (like greek green beans) and corn on the cob.
- One idea to repurpose the leftovers is to make the beef into barbecue beef sandwiches. Serve the leftovers with bbq sauce stirred into the meat on top of toasted buns.
More Beef Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
This easy pot roast cooks in the Instant Pot and creates an incredibly delicious garlic herb gravy! The finished meat is fall apart tender.
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds rump roast, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or other type of vinegar)
- 3 Tbsp flour + 3 Tbsp melted butter
- In a small bowl stir together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- Cut the fat cap off the roast. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the roast.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. When display says hot add in the oil and swirl around. Add in the roast pieces and brown on each side for about 3 minutes.
- Remove roast. Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Pour in the broth. Scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add the roast back into the pot. Add in the tomato paste and vinegar.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 70 minutes. When time is up let the pot release pressure naturally (15-20 minutes). Remove the lid.
- Move roast to cutting board and shred.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together the flour and melted butter until it is smooth. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot and whisk well. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes until gravy is thickened. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Serve gravy drizzled over roast.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.