Instant Pot Dragon Noodles–soft noodles and chicken pieces tossed with a spicy asian sauce (or not so spicy…it’s up to you) and veggies. An easy and delicious Instant Pot one pot meal.
Instant Pot Dragon Noodles
If you’re looking for a spicy dish this one can fit the bill. With chili garlic sauce and Sriracha these noodles have a lot of kick. Personally I am not a huge fan of spice. So I only used half of the sriracha to keep these noodles only slightly spicy. Even my son who doesn’t like spice at all was able to eat these dragon noodles with a glass of milk nearby. I figured everyone could add more sriracha if they wanted.
These noodles are seriously so delicious and so easy to make too! With veggies, protein and carbs all in one pot this makes a perfect weeknight meal.
- The vegetables: I used carrots and red peppers for vegetables but you can get creative and add others types of veggies. Some ideas are: zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, cabbage or cauliflower. I did not cook the vegetables directly in with the chicken and noodles since they would get way too mushy. I placed the vegetables in a pan (pot-in-pot method) and drizzled them with oil. I then covered the pan (it had a lid, but you can use foil) and placed the pan (I used one of these stackable pans and lids*) on top of the chicken and spaghetti. The veg were cooked through but not overcooked. Another choice would be to initially saute the vegetables in the Instant Pot using the saute setting then removing them and setting aside until the chicken and noodles have finished pressure cooking.
- Soy sauce: Sometimes soy sauce can be too salty so I like to buy the low sodium soy sauce instead of the regular soy sauce.
- Sriracha: Sriracha is super spicy and a little goes a long way! I stirred 1 tablespoon in with the sauce and it was spicy enough for me. You can always add more sriracha later if you want, so start small.
- Chicken: I cut up boneless, skinless thighs into bite size pieces and they cooked perfectly at the same rate as the noodles. You can also use chunks of chicken breasts (although they will not stay as moist and tender). Another option is to throw in whole chicken tenderloins.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in your 8 quart pot with no changes.
More Asian Noodle Recipes You Will Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Soft noodles and chicken pieces tossed with a spicy asian sauce (or not so spicy…it’s up to you) and veggies. An easy and delicious Instant Pot one pot meal.
- 1 3/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Sriracha sauce
- Cilantro and chopped peanut, for garnish
- Pour water/broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Break the spaghetti in half and lay it in a criss-cross pattern in the pot. Place the chicken on top of the spaghetti to cover it.
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- In a pan* place the carrots and bell pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil. Cover the pan and place on top of the chicken. Squish everything down to fit.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the pan with carrots and peppers in it. Set aside.
- Stir the chicken and spaghetti well. If desired stir in ¼ tsp kosher salt and pepper (you may or may not need it). Stir in the carrots and peppers. If you like it extra spicy add in extra sriracha sauce.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and peanuts.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.