Instant Pot Disney Potatoes–-cubed potatoes enveloped in a cheesy sauce with bacon. A magical potato experience that takes only minutes to make in your pressure cooker!
Instant Pot Disney Potatoes
Last night I made these potatoes as a side dish to barbecue chicken thighs and everyone thought they were the bomb. I got lots of compliments last night but then again this morning Greg said, “those potatoes were really good.” It’s always nice to hear compliments about my cooking and especially lingering compliments!
The truth about these Instant Pot Disney Potatoes is that they are a distant take on Chef Mickey’s Cheesy Bacon Potatoes. Chef Mickey’s is a restaurant at the Disney parks and if you’re not lucky enough to visit Chef Mickey’s in person then you can enjoy these potatoes at home for probably 1/100th of the cost of your bill at Chef Mickey’s. Boy oh boy Disney food can be expensive! Make these magical potatoes and serve with brunch or as a side dish with dinner.
The Instant Pot is the perfect tool for steaming cubed potatoes. I love how it only takes 4-5 minutes of pressure cooking time to get potatoes to the perfect consistency for potato salads. I have noticed that my older Lux model cooks a little differently than my Duo* and Nova*. So if your potatoes aren’t quite done after 4 minutes just bring the pot back to pressure for another 1-2 minutes.
I used Russet potatoes for this dish and I peeled them. I believe that red and yellow potatoes would work great as well. And you can leave the peels on or off. The cubed potatoes will get a little softer than the Russets do.
I love using my Avokado steamer basket* for potato dishes like this one. Reasons I like the Avokado Steamer Basket:
- It’s flexible Made of silicone and BPA free Dishwasher safe
- It’s at a good price point
- Fits perfectly in my 6 quart Instant Pot It’s large–when I make lots of potatoes they all fit inside the basket without spilling over the sides
- The handles are very handy to lift foods in and out of the Instant Pot It can also be used as a colander
More Amazing Instant Pot Potato Recipes…
- Instant Pot Dad’s Creamy Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Instant Pot Easter Bunny Potatoes
- Instant Pot Paula Deen’s Hash Brown Casserole
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Instant Pot Bacon Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mississippi Mud Potatoes
- Instant Pot Basque Potatoes
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Cubed potatoes enveloped in a cheesy sauce with bacon. A magical potato experience that takes only minutes to make in your pressure cooker!
Equipment needed: steamer basket*
- 4 medium russet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk (or half and half or evaporated milk)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed bacon crumbles
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into Instant Pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes for potatoes with bite or 5 minutes for softer potatoes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting to release pressure. Remove the lid when able.
- Move steamer basket out of Instant Pot and set aside. Discard the water in the Instant Pot and dry out the liner.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting (NORMAL). Add in the butter and let it melt. When it is melted whisk in the flour, a tablespoon at a time. When it is free of any lumps whisk in a cup of milk. Let it thicken and start to bubble, then whisk in the remaining milk. Let the mixture thicken and come to a boil.
- Turn off Instant Pot and stir in salt, dill, pepper, cheeses and bacon. Once cheese is melted fold in the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.